"I am, therefore, I think". Reason, you say? Raison de tre? If I needed a reason, youd be flattened already, Cheever.

 

I say at once, impertinently, "I am, therefore, I think."  I always thought the other way just wanted proofs and esteemed logic so much, when the human, betimes and betwixt, sometimes thinks with the guttyworks, the belly, the navel glade.

I do not set a can or bremble a polygon just for sake of a need, so oft, but because it is a stray feeling on the wind, and that too, in error, but so much of human life, as we know, is unreasonable are taken to error and dissipation.

As much then that reason proves I am human, my mistakes are tattoos of my time in that self-same downcast legion.

Given dynamics of proximity, I could make an argument that a man can be an island, but there are limits to that proof, and sometimes the winds bring song from the mainland.

It was Cristobel Escuela that said, "This who I am, yo; this is who I be" and then he talked of the exploits of others.  His ontology then, as human as human could be, in that it was a self-defeating riddle.

For so many, they know their ending; the make funds to pay for their own send-off.  How dismal to try and make thousands for such a send-off at the end of life, but such is the impermanence of the human being, and the send-off, the service and the monument give man more of a permanence.

And thus, a real-world capital value, in that impermanence, such as the value of tangibles, like land, for instance.  A sort of permanence within an uncertain sphere.

One of my prouder acts of planning is to purchase and place a simple rectangular monument to my forbears.  I plan to place it in our garden, in a place, set out of the way of traffic, but still in the forefront, too, such as the garden is situated.

They say, "what is that crap out there?"

Intoneth Wayne, "come and see".

I once too, as broken and confused as anyone, once, for dignity sake, held back flattulence, but in that, there was an epistemology that went beyond my perview.

It was more.

"The world is hollow and I have touched the sky."

The minute we put ourselves up, we seem, as it were, precariously perched, as if to say, the higher up, the longer and more deadly the fall, be it thought, love, or auto parts, such is the way of life observed by everyone.  As I earn the cost of a pre-paid funeral, I do not think that too much else, like the new Batman thing, make me "bat" an eyelash, and yet, I am human, and given to tactile stimulation.

So it is.

A Batman movie.

Not just a pre-paid funeral service, but that and a Batman movie, too.  If the stomach groans, I am at that, too, and not piling 15 thousand single-mindedly and with no distraction.  For I am human, and prone to distraction, such that a Batman movie can intercreep into the neurological runtime of consciousness, and for once, in a moment, I am neither a plan, nor a thought, but so much more in that illogical sense.

"I am" and often, without warning, or prevarication, "I think".  We need not to take a stream of illogical cognitive flotsam and call it "reason" like the old philosophers, nor take of purely creative expressions and necessarily label that "a design".

But there are times and places, like the snowbreak in Vegas yesterday, in which we just have to prop-up and enjoy the experience, appreciate it, and experience the thing that is life, and it is, not to think in terms of logic or pure feelings, but to experience, unqualified, the thing.

Its like trying to pinch a butterfly, in that the closer you get to it, the more apt it is to flutter away, then out of sight.  For such intangibles, an "out of sight" could become "out of mind".

But I've been "out of mind", too, which is another story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in the material. Feel free to post, and speak your mind. "Democracy is the conundrum in which good peoples repair."

Rolling on with Women's Month movie-watchin'.

Virginia Woolf:   She spoke of striving to find a new narrative method.   Mrs Dolloway?  Orlando?  To The Lighthouse? "You don't li...