by a scientific imagination, matter scattered about....

21 years on, I remembered placing a bid on a pair of rooty reds worn on-screen in Wizard of Oz.  I bid 3000, and I lost to someone from Tampa.  I would later go on to bid on items from The Shop Around The Corner and Meet Me In St. Louis.

The cards said I had two options.  The Hanged Man entered play, and just like the Fool or a Joker, I found a third solution which was equitable, or at least more equitable than the satiated path.

I floundered and flailed, kicked at the pricks, feeling maybe there was a killer somewhere around the woodpile, and I would go SUV about it.  Throw away dialogue, ya know.

Scott Thompson was being trucked in from Scotland.

I said to myself to, the "way of heaven", do they mean perfection?  afterlife heaven?  Sky heaven?  Which and what and how?  Western lore dictates a perfect heaven, and the Zhuangzi says heaven saturates the earth, perfecting it, while conversely there is both yin and yang, good and evil, at once.

So I infer they meant the sky, that the same thing that abides up there, abides down on the firmament, and there is good and evil in all.

Aurelius told us that "either the universe is guided by providence, or it is a random scattering of atoms".  This gave is no solidity on which to latch our scientific rejoinders, but to say that there were atoms, was only a matter of how random they were.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in the material. Feel free to post, and speak your mind. "Democracy is the conundrum in which good peoples repair."

Rolling on with Women's Month movie-watchin'.

Virginia Woolf:   She spoke of striving to find a new narrative method.   Mrs Dolloway?  Orlando?  To The Lighthouse? "You don't li...