The fugging bug in the wug, and monotheism, and weirdness peppersprayed.

 


I put the tiny figurine of a child right into my pocket, slipstreamed it right in there, snug as fugging bug, it wug, right in there, like a little scorn that sits right on the edge of the razor line on the neck, and it sat there like a discontented hemorrhoid that might feel like something with powdered sugar.

"Are these your gods?"

"Who has the time for more than one god?" I asked, noting of modernity a certain terseness, a rudeness born of brevity, economy of movement, what they called wellness, but it wound up slicing on everyone else just like a box cutter, a bitchwheel.

I was saying, indeed, some pre-Atlantean Pangea society, something not even Morgan Freeman would hear, some kind of nature thing, and people and nerve energy and stuff: stuff from the old days before the Tower of Babel, and I would toss the thing in the river if it really meant something, put my own scorn to its scorn of things natural, and churning in change and so forth, toss it right away into the bushes if it came to that line of thinking, and that was borne on the wind, as it were.

"Two men burnished my battlements, accosted me in the thoroughfare."  And they blew it up into a whole army, and I said, "fuckdiddles", and was throwing things around, the napkin holders, salt and pepper shakers, making a rude patron of my own person, and smiling pleasantly all the while, with some dissonance between mind and body.

They said, "you're an old soul."  And I said, they were backhandedly blaming me for the crucifixion, or something, the mass-murder of Jews or something.  I'd have it not, and hold onto my own, I thought, non-chalantly kind of in a little miasma floating along.

They called me an old soul because I was weird.

But then, to me, they're weird, too: weirdest about the muddy streets and road-shi**ing horses and donkeys.  I didn't take long to come back with that, a self-defense, but a rebuke of my own, which might be bad form, but the underlying point was that I didn't think I was weird at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in the material. Feel free to post, and speak your mind. "Democracy is the conundrum in which good peoples repair."

Rolling on with Women's Month movie-watchin'.

Virginia Woolf:   She spoke of striving to find a new narrative method.   Mrs Dolloway?  Orlando?  To The Lighthouse? "You don't li...