high school reonion

The films of my high school experience.

Freshman: the godfather
Sophomore: clockwork orange
Junior: for a few dollars more
Senior: the matrix

4 yrs.  4 different best friends.

Crushes on a new girl each year.

From buying novels to stealing nascar hats.

The more i learned, maybe, the less i cared.  I piled a litany of reprehensible factoids onto a burning fleshlaser.

In year two i read thoreau, and in year three i stood in the pines, dollar books in my bag, myself a kind of fractituous thoreau, watching the pine trees communicate breeze.  The dark fresh water, a soapy froth mingled, was at my toes, kfc rime on my fingers, 11 herbs and spices being my supplement for reading Pyche and Symbol, my young sponge of a brain denying the existence of a shadow self, reading objectively a text of subjective importances and application.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in the material. Feel free to post, and speak your mind. "Democracy is the conundrum in which good peoples repair."

Rolling on with Women's Month movie-watchin'.

Virginia Woolf:   She spoke of striving to find a new narrative method.   Mrs Dolloway?  Orlando?  To The Lighthouse? "You don't li...