The high hopes of the ragamuffin.

She was kindless in the hard crowd...

I have hopes, I suppose, in the early Southeastern USA morning--I have hopes and I can just see all that elapsing before it even happens: what is it?  A mass delusion?  Something in the water?  Flouridation? Are the proverbial "they" about taking the teeth from our young men?

I see it as a convulsion of society, an internet generation, where others see more ominous signs, I think, something of doom and gloom; but indeed, the internet even for the Internet Generation is something to which they must find a balance, as discern of their own mettle what is "normative", what is regular.

I have been bidden, told of so much more, and I am but to look upon the natural world with a sense of honest wonder, not only at what is beneath, but what it is, the past, present and future, to look at it and see as it were, a page of a story.

I charged my camera batteries yesterday, and yes, I own a separate digital camera, and yes, I bought extra batteries, and an aftermarket charger.  I hope to upgrade, but this is a wish on which we are endlessly prodded by the marketplace, to have a point-and-shoot, then the best point-and-shoot, then make the beguiling mistake, in hopes of perfection, of buying a DSLR.

I have hopes, I suppose, on the blog page, too, something of finding that lowest common denominator, maybe, for me to be an uplift, and not one of those "culture warriors" who see demons around every corner; I have hopes that if the sunshine is in my life, I can share it, at least, pour a little sunshine across the cornea of the casual reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in the material. Feel free to post, and speak your mind. "Democracy is the conundrum in which good peoples repair."

Rolling on with Women's Month movie-watchin'.

Virginia Woolf:   She spoke of striving to find a new narrative method.   Mrs Dolloway?  Orlando?  To The Lighthouse? "You don't li...