The cause unlimited, as per dissipation, and aimless, no need for orientation.

Said I then to my heart, “Here’s lesson for me;
That man’s but a picture of what I might be:
But thanks to my friends for their care in my breeding,
Who taught me betimes to love working and reading.

-Isaac Watts

There was once a man who was not there, and here was not there at least twice in one day, according to witnesses, not there at all, and generally unperturbated about the place suffering a marked lack of him.

Today, I kept my own personage about the rooms, haunting, patrolling, gunboating about across the shag carpet--my diligence at my own indolence and dissipation, having a donut, then that causing glucose drop, so I have to some two hours later, have another.

Finally then, to the protein, to the scriptures, to the things that set all to right!--and me none the more well calibrated for my efforts, but only more energetically misguided at enemy ships and innocent women, the patrol of the weak, the parsing and discursing of those who find themselves at my mercy, oh just anyone.

I took a morning.

There was one gone back to bed, shutting of the overhead light, and he would get so upset about it, so perturbed in his own right, that he would feel the rage and inconstancy building within him, for he hated to see the bulb go dim--he even marked watching the light go out in it, its own, like, dying, and all, and his rage was daily, perhaps, such that one might sit awake and be thankful for a lightbulb, an Edison and a Nikolai that shocked holy f*ck out of what was once idle indolent countryside in its own right, dotted the landscape with power poles, and then the Aleman nazi, saying the power pole was not a power pole, these little tricks the learned unleash on us all.

The moral of the story might be that one is not lost at all if he has no travel goal, no destination in mind, even if he does not know where he is--no need to lose one's head, or complain on Social Media.  

No problem, one could say to himself, opening a volume of Marcus Aurelius, no problem at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in the material. Feel free to post, and speak your mind. "Democracy is the conundrum in which good peoples repair."

Numbers: Will Tabitha Ever See The Beach?(Jobs in April, Paramount, Disney) and the freaking moon.

*The jobs numbers for April 2024 weren't the big story everyone wanted it to be:  some 170k in a month, slightly low; the bigger story t...