The Imago Dei.

Ah, for a human being to "exceed the limitations of his prior programming..."

Such as "revenge is a dish best not served" or "not to render evil for evil", things that sound roundly far beyond our chief instincts, as it were.

The morning rainfall, whispering, and my unction, making plans if not outright in action, like a shark, when not pumping forward, then carving my future path with my mind.

God whispers to me, as I plan....

I am but a type and shadow of the great one, and not great myself; in Protestant theology, this makes our mistakes more obvious, the glaring difference between ourselves and the Perfect Deity.  We succeed only because we are granted grace and mercy by Him.

In His image, such as it is.

A flawed facsimile of perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in the material. Feel free to post, and speak your mind. "Democracy is the conundrum in which good peoples repair."

Fivebag Freddie, Spreadsheet Sam and Generative Gheddy: Increase, multi-purpose AI and Eric Clapton.

There was a family about to face starvation.  The prophet came, and knowing they were at the end of their supplies, the prophet asked the fa...