The thin line between the frying pan and hookbait: moderation over abundance.

Why dost thou shew me iniquity, and cause me to behold grievance? for spoiling and violence are before me: and there are that raise up strife and contention.

Behold ye among the heathen, and regard, and wonder marvelously: for I will work a work in your days, which ye will not believe, though it be told you.


-Habakkuk 1

But I determined this with myself, that I would not come again to you in heaviness.

And I wrote this same unto you, lest, when I came, I should have sorrow from them of whom I ought to rejoice; having confidence in you all, that my joy is the joy of you all.


2 Corinthians 2

Here we are: preached to of abundance, though Lao Tse reminds that the full bucket is more difficult to carry than one containing a lesser amount.  This abundance is like weights on a diver, who can only resurface if he releases his burden.

The preparation of the heart in man, and the answer of the tongue, is from the Lord.  All the way a man are clean in his own eyes....

A man's heart devises his way; but the Lord directs his steps.....

-Proverbs 16

Did he smile his work to see?

Did he who made the lamb make thee? 

-William Blake

What's that you say--that I'm bound for the graveyard?

Oooh, I wish you well.

-John Fogerty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in the material. Feel free to post, and speak your mind. "Democracy is the conundrum in which good peoples repair."

Fivebag Freddie, Spreadsheet Sam and Generative Gheddy: Increase, multi-purpose AI and Eric Clapton.

There was a family about to face starvation.  The prophet came, and knowing they were at the end of their supplies, the prophet asked the fa...