Six Days From Graceland: How a humble blogger killed a weekend and bathed in its stillwarm blood.

 

 I had things to do.

I don't deny that much.

But between weather and all?  Not so much, as there were priorities, hydrations, speculumization or speculation on crypto currencies, a myriad of things to look in on.

Making sure Levin wore a shirt and took the knife from between his teeth so he could do his monologue.

But one of the brightspots, after the televised church service, the Sunday School portion, I was directed to the book of Ephesians in the Bible as a reminder of God's amazing promises to his creation.

The promises were uplifting, and reading them anew salvaged the day, but still.  I slept more of the day than I was awake, on the balance, and that was okay, between things as it were, a time to get some rest.  In fact, slept so much it made my neck muscles sore.

I was looking at the Roe news stuff, and so much to be made of opinions getting interjected into the mix.  "analysis" that wasn't analysis, and opinions I suppose. 

Everybody has an opinion, you know.

But what I was looking at in Ephesians, the mechanics of the thing, whole verses that are dependent clauses in themselves, sentences that last eight verses or so.

I wrote some essays I might chunk on here at some point, about the middle of the period of American Literature, the approach to nature, fate, and destiny.  Narrative perspective, diction selections and so forth.

Everybody has an essay on American Literature, you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in the material. Feel free to post, and speak your mind. "Democracy is the conundrum in which good peoples repair."

Wiliam Blake, Lao Tse, Tater Smith's False Fourteen, and Leland Briggs from Cayce, SC.

Unusual weather here in South Carolina has had the effect of stimulating the growth of local flowers.  This unusual weather catches the atte...