Productivity and would-be entrepreneurism: Victor Tortuga's Mail Order Management Refresher Course and Leland Briggs Annual Almanac For Good Old Fashioned Folk.

The human river dwindles when ’tis past the hour of eight,
Its waves go flowing faster in the fear of being late;
But slowly drag the moments, whilst beneath the dust and heat
The city grinds the owners of the faces in the street—
                Grinding body, grinding soul,
                Yielding scarce enough to eat—
Oh! I sorrow for the owners of the faces in the street.

-Henry Lawson

Of course, the guy says, how you do anything is emblematic of how you do everything.

Really?

Am I not sometimes tired or weary, and thus slower than at other times?

Does my confidence and stamina sometimes flag? 

What I just did was take a break from scholastic heroics to go after spiritual pursuits, in the balance, there was a feeling of irresponsibility, but at the end of the day, I know I did what was most important.

There's your emblematic spirit pookah of my thoughts: that I hung with what I thought was important, a religious charity over my own schooling.  But mind, there is time enough, it is thought, for both, and any jiggering is a balanced calculation in the offing.

The Victor Tortuga book of Productivity and Sliding Scales for measuring production in line settings, advices, does the expert Tortuga, the fictional person with his fictional ideas on how to do hypothetical projects efficiently.

Its the Eisenhower Matrix, the 4 group ranking of scale, in order of importance, and I read of another guy claiming "I invented this.  Buy my book."  He didn't invent it, and I didn't buy his book.  He had a regular email, a scam "informational" thing, in which he did no less than 6 paid endorsements for other people's products.

"Informative."  Fkt.

Does not the time press us, and bare out the need for a better method?

Victor Tortuga's mail-order course for Senior Management was a great success with readers of the Weekly World News, Soldier of Bib Fortuna, and the Leland Briggs Farmer's Almanac for Old Fashioned Good Old Folk.

I sat plenty of times myself, with a vintage or peanut butter Ritz, leafing-slowly, mind you-the pages of the Leland Briggs Almanac For Old Fashioned Good Old Folk, and sometimes I would have King Biscuit hour on the radio set in my sitting room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest in the material. Feel free to post, and speak your mind. "Democracy is the conundrum in which good peoples repair."

Numbers: Will Tabitha Ever See The Beach?(Jobs in April, Paramount, Disney) and the freaking moon.

*The jobs numbers for April 2024 weren't the big story everyone wanted it to be:  some 170k in a month, slightly low; the bigger story t...